METAL BIRD MEDIA
Photography - Videography
We have a couple options set up fo any Family or Protrait Photo Session...
Any individual photo session includes image processing (we make sure that your pictures look their best!), an online photo gallery for quick viewing and easy sharing and a CD of all the processed image files with full reprint permission.
A 30 Minute session in the Studio Only is $149+tax
Up to 60 Minute session in the Studio and Outdoors on our property is $199+tax
Up to 90 Minute session in the Studio and Outdoors on our property is $249+tax
Up to 90 Minute session going out on location within a reasonable distance from our place in Kasson, including Studio shots if desired is $299+tax
Samples of session photos can be found on our Facebook page.
Contact Us to schedule a photo session with us.
Print Packages, Cards, Wall Mounts and more are also offered thru us. Info on all those can found on the Prints, Packs and Wraps Page.
With us there is no package or set price on how we run these, just a base price, then it is up to you to determine how long you want to make it.
We start with a base price of $250+tax for the first hour and then it is $75+tax for every additional half hour beyond that.
You can have as many locations and clothing changes as you like, just know that those waiting times and travel times are on the clock.
For example the average session is 2-3 clothing/location changes in about a 2.5 hour period and is $475+tax.
The $250+tax bas price is paid at the time of the consult to book the session. The additional fee and tax is to be paid on the day of the session upon completion.
With that you get a disc of all the image files with full reprint permission.
If you want to schedule a time to come out and meet with Rachel for a free consult please Contact Us and we can schedule that. She recommends that you meet with her and discuss your ideas and what you are looking for in the session, clothing, locations and such.
Samples of senior session photos can be found on our Facebook page.
Maternity, Newborn and Baby
We would love to have you in to photograph your coming little one!
We have options for getting just an individual photo session as well as getting a whole package of sessions to document all those growing milestone marks.
Typical First Year Milestone Marks include:
Beyond those, common session we can do include:
Individual photo sessions of these are $199+tax.
An individual Newborn Session is $279+tax, as they are a bit longer and more involving that then standard shoots.
All photos are processed with artistic touches and edits, online proofing and ordering gallery, and a Full Copyright Release Disc of the images from each session.
Rachel says for the Maternity to look at doing those around the 32-34 week point. Newborn should be done in the 7-10 day old range... So keep that in mind for scheduling when the time comes.
Samples of session photos can be found on our Facebook page in the photos/albums.
Contact Us to schedule a photo session with us.
Baby Milestone Packages
For those milestone sessions we have set up a vatiety of Multi-Session Packages for you to choose from.
2-Session Package : $450+tax ($480.94) ... This package includes the Newborn and 1 Year Sessions. The 1 Year session can include a Birthday Cake Bash (if you bring a little cake).
$478-$28 is a 6% Package Saving
3-Session Package : $600+tax ($641.25) ... This package includes the Newborn, 6 Month, and 1 Year Sessions. Or it can be the Maternity, Newborn and 1 Year Sessions.
$677-$77 is a 11% Package Saving
4-Session Package : $750+tax ($801.57) ... This package includes the Maternity, Newborn, 6 Month, and 1 Year Sessions.
$876-$126 is a 14% Package Saving
5-Session Package : $880+tax ($940.50) ... This package includes the Newborn, 3 Month, 6 Month, 9 Month and 1 Year Sessions.
$1075-$195 is a 18% Package Saving
6-Session Package : $1000+tax ($1068.75) ... This package adds a Maternity session and thus includes the Maternity, Newborn, 3 Month, 6 Month, 9 Month and 1 Year Sessions.
$1274-$274 is a 21% Package Saving
7-Session Package : $1111+tax ($1187.39) ... This package adds a Pregnancy Reveal session and thus includes the Pregnancy Reveal, Maternity, Newborn, 3 Month, 6 Month, 9 Month and 1 Year Sessions.
$1473-$362 is a 24.5% Package Saving
Payment in session installments is an option as well if you do not want to pay for it all up front. That requires you pay the full session price for each session until your cumulative total paid reaches the total package price.
For example, the 5-Session Package payment schedule would look like: Newborn $279+tax, 3 Month 199+tax, 6 Month 199+tax, 9 Month 199+tax, 1 year $4+tax (Thats right, only $4.28 for the last session!)
General Maternity Session Tips
• Showing a bare tummy ... wear loose-fitting clothing to avoid elastic/clothing marks.
• Avoid any glare. Apply lotion at least an hour before your session to avoid the shiny belly-look and staining your clothes.
• If you are showing bare skin, try to moisturize your knees and elbows.
• Hands are in important, too! Get a manicure or a light polish for a more finished look in a close up of your hands around your belly.
• Remove tight-fitting clothing and accessories, like watches and bracelets, at least two hours before your session
• You may want to include a few baby things like a cute pair of shoes or a cherished family heirloom in your portrait.
• Solid colored shirts focus the attention on your tummy’s shape and glowing expression
• Avoid big floral prints, swirls, plaids and stripes. Large patterns distract.
• Black clothing gives you a slim silhouette.
• Form-fitting clothes with a little stretch will compliment your figure rather than loose clothing.
• Long sleeves tend to be the most flattering, but sleeveless and spaghetti straps work well. Avoid t-shirt length sleeves.
• If you want to show your bare belly, consider wearing a top and skirt or pants that won’t leave binding marks across your tummy
• Silk and cotton fabrics drape beautifully around a pregnant body
• Empire-waist blouses and dresses, button-up shirts, tank tops, long drawstring skirts and tie dresses can really enhance your blossoming shape.
• Dark jeans and black tapering yoga pants make your legs look long and slim.
• Don't forget the feet. Pick your footwear depending on your clothing. If your toes are exposed in a sandal-style, you might want to get a pedicure.
• If you choose tighter clothing, consider your undergarments with the style of clothing you choose to wear.
• You might not want lines showing through your clothing.
• When choosing ways to show your style, consider a cheerful scarf, or sweater - even chunky jewelry can add fun splashes of color.
Do you have anything in mind of what you would like for the maternity shots?
You can look on our Facebook page and go thru the albums looking for maternity sessions to get some ideas. Or if you are on Pinterest you can find things on there, send me a link to your pins or print some off so we know what you would like too.
Otherwise adhere to the basic advice from Rachel...
"Wear clothing that expresses you. Choose colors that compliment your eyes. For couples choose outfits that are complimentary to each others too. Stripes tend not to be flattering, the same with busy patterns or bright fluorescent colors. If you guys have any common interests in sports, camo, activities, etc., try and tie that in with an outfit if you like. Usually at least do one outfit more casual and another a little more formal. Keep jewelry and shoes in mind for the shoot, as well as bringing hairspray and make up for touchups if desired."